Thigh lift in Iran: Caused by a fast weight loss or aging, sagging skin on the legs, especially the inner thighs, cannot be fully tightened up with exercise. The fastest and most effective treatment for this condition is thigh lift.
WHAT IS THIGH LIFT IN IRAN?
Thigh lift, or thighplasty, is a procedure to tighten and improve the overall appearance of thighs. Candidates for this procedure are people who have lost a great deal of weight and are left with excess loose skin on their thighs that cannot be fully tightened up with exercise. The goal of a thigh lift is to lift and contour your thighs so that they look slim and in proportion with the rest of your body. A combination of a thighplasty and liposuction techniques may be performed to give the thighs a smoother, more toned appearance.
The result of a thigh lift procedure is smoother skin, slimmer thighs, and better-proportioned contours of the thighs and lower body, which is apparent almost immediately after surgery, though the full results take some time to appear due to post-op swelling.
WHY THIGH LIFT IN IRAN?
Iran is one of the best countries for cosmetic surgery procedures, such as thigh lift surgery in terms of affordability and quality. This is while this surgery is a relatively expensive procedure in many countries.
DoitMedTour works with Iranian body lift surgeons with years of experience in performing various types of cosmetic surgeries. Moreover, hospitals and clinics in Iran are equipped with modern medical technologies on par with their medical facilities in developed countries. The International Patients Departments (IPDs) of Iranian hospitals are specially equipped to provide VIP services to foreign medical tourist.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THIGH LIFT IN IRAN?
Depending on the city or country the surgery is performed in, the clinic or hospital, the extent of the operation that needs to be done, and the doctor’s reputation thigh lift cost can vary a great deal.
For example, the range of a standard thigh lift surgery is $6,000 to $12,000 in the United States and as much as $17000 in Australia while the cost of the procedure in Iran is something between $2,000 and $4,000, including all related costs, such as anesthesia, clinic fee, tests, and medications.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF SAGGING THIGHS?
Sagging skin on the thighs can be caused by massive weight loss, aging, or pregnancy. As you gain a lot of weight, the skin stretches to cover the added fat. When the skin stretches too much it loses its elasticity, making it unable to tighten up and fit perfectly again after you lose a great amount of weight.
Excessive and direct exposure to sunlight also contributes to skin disorders. UV rays in sunlight cause skin’s collagens to break down at a faster rate, damaging collagen fibers and reducing the elasticity of the skin.
Loose skin of thighs may also be due to aging. As people get older, the level of collagen in the skin diminishes, causing it to lose elasticity. Due to the person’s genetic background, collagen deficiency causing lax skin can happen earlier.
TYPES OF THIGH LIFT IN IRAN
There are four types of thigh lift: inner, medial, bilateral, and lateral thigh lift (also called outer thigh lift).
- An inner thigh lift removes the loose skin on the lower part of the inner thigh.
- A medial thigh lift targets the loose skin and fat on the upper part of the inner thigh.
- A bilateral thigh lift addresses the loose skin on both the inner and outer thighs.
- A lateral thigh lift addresses loose skin on the outer thighs.
GOOD CANDIDATES FOR THIGH LIFT IN IRAN
The best way to know if you are a good candidate for a thigh lift procedure is to see a specialist. He/she examines you and asks a few questions about your health status and medical history to determine if you are eligible for a thigh lift surgery.
Generally, you can consider a thigh lift if you:
- have loose skin on your thighs, which are very undesirable and annoying.
- have thighs with uneven contour due to fat deposits.
- are in good general health and have realistic expectations about the outcome of thigh lift surgery.
- are well-informed about the possible risks and complications of the surgery.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE THIGH LIFT SURGERY?
- Stop blood-thinning medications, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements, which increase the risk of bleeding.
- Quit smoking and alcohol use at least 3 weeks prior to your surgery and 3 weeks after surgery (alcohol and nicotine impair healing).
- Be physically and mentally prepared for and well-informed about your surgery.
- Eat a healthy well balanced diet, consider supplements as necessary.
- Regardless of the type of surgery to be performed, hydration is very important before and after surgery for safe recovery.
- If you develop an illness such as a cold, the flu, fever, infection, diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea before surgery, please call your surgeon’s office as soon as possible. They will determine at that time if they need to delay your surgery based on your symptoms.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the hospital and for a responsible adult to stay with you for the first day following surgery.
- Do not eat or drink anything including water, tea, or coffee after midnight the night before your surgery (eight hours before your surgery).
- Remove all of your jewelry including all body pierce jewelry the night before surgery and do not wear any jewelry until after your surgery.
- Before you go to bed take a shower with soap and do not put anything on your skin after your shower.
- Do not apply body moisturizer, deodorants, antiperspirants, or makeup.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Wear loose fitting clothing on the day of surgery. Do not wear anything that needs to be pulled over your head. Wear a blouse or shirt that buttons or zips up the front. Wear loose shorts covered with sweat pants or workout pants.
HOW IS THIGH LIFT IN IRAN PERFORMED?
Inner and medial thighplasty procedures are usually carried out on an outpatient basis. A bilateral thigh lift may require an overnight stay in the hospital. A thigh lift surgery normally takes 2-4 hours to complete. The surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia, but in some cases, IV sedation may be used.
Depending on the type of thigh lift and the area being treated, the incision pattern will vary. A thigh lift typically involves incisions in the groin that extend downward along the inner thigh and wrap around the thighs. The surgeon will strategically make incisions in natural folds in the skin so they’re less visible.
In all cases, the surgeon removes the excess skin and/or fat, reshapes and tightens the underlying tissue, and lifts and smooths the remaining skin. If you only need excess fat, not skin, removed, liposuction may be an option for you. Drains may be placed to remove excess fluid or blood and the incisions are stitched up. Finally, skin adhesive or tapes may be applied and the dressing or bandages are put on the incisions. A compression garment also may be applied to reduce swelling.